Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

IBD: Paul Karzeff: Why Many Millennials' Retirement Savings Will Be More Than Twice Baby Boomers'

FYI: Younger Americans have a reputation for being skittish about investing. Merely one-third of millennials, for example, who are in their midthirties or younger, invest in stocks or mutual funds or have a retirement account, Bankrate found.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.investors.com/etfs-and-funds/mutual-funds/why-many-millennials-retirement-savings-will-be-more-than-twice-baby-boomers/

Comments

• sorry, but this is a zero cost prediction. I predict millenials kids will colonize mars. Means nothing.

Investing means nothing if stock market does not go up.
  • Good to know... I will inform my kids that I will need to move in with them as they will be much better prepared than I when I retire, but first I need to kick them out of my house.
  • edited May 2017
    @bee
    So, we're talking here, the 30% of millennials who may be able to save enough after paying student loans and all the rest, eh? This bunch could possibly save enough. Not so sure about the other 70%. I suspect some of them are hoping for a few bucks of inheritance, eh?
    Basically, similar to the same pattern as today, yes?
    Who the heck is going to buy all of the houses and all of the stuff that goes with home ownership ?????