Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Legendary Investor Bill Miller Is Killing It Again, Thanks To A Clever Bet On Apple: Text & Video

FYI: Bill Miller is back with a vengeance, thrashing the market again though he's taking some pretty big risks in doing so.

The legendary portfolio manager's Miller Opportunity Trust mutual fund is up a gaudy 13.9 percent this year, easily beating the S&P 500's return of 7.8 percent including dividends, according to Morningstar. That puts the $1.4 billion security in the rating firm's top 1 percentile in its category.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/10/legendary-investor-bill-miller-is-killing-it-thanks-to-bet-on-apple.html

Comments

• edited May 2017
    LIBM - New 4 letter word for Legendary Investor Bill Miller. Now I can names to people and they will not even know what I'm saying. Ha, Ha!

We will now celebrate Bill Miller because he has invested in Apple. You see, others who did that are not legendary, and they just got lucky. Bill Miller on the other hand? Wow! You can't keep him down can you?

Now he is taking some pretty big risks, just so you know. But he is Bill Miller. So you should know that his legendary-ness makes it all right. On the other hand, if you invest with him and Apple tanks, that will be your fault. You see, investors are their own worst enemy and always buy high and sell low. Then again, even Bill Miller needs your charity, so he can buy a yacht or two off your hard earned money in fees.
  • edited May 2017
    I never was a Bill Miller fan. I think Richey Freeman (SHRAX) who positions for the long term with low turnover is the better fund manager.
  • Having several great years followed by several terrible years makes you legendary, I guess.