Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

A ‘life-changing’ rally is shaping up in the stock market, predicts one fund manager

Fahmy bases his prediction on three factors: technicals, fundamentals and investor sentiment — all of which he says are pointing to a big rally.

Article:
marketwatch.com/story/a-life-changing-rally-is-shaping-up-in-the-stock-market-predicts-one-fund-manager-2017-05-01?link=sfmw_fb

Comments

• I'm not changing my plans based on anyone's say so but let's hope that he means that in a good way.
  • This is as plausible as any prediction backed up by technicals. It is certainly a contrary outlook compared to most today. I for one hope he is right, but I won't bet the farm on it. I do agree that all the talk about screaming high valuation may be overdone, that S&P 500 component values for the most part are fair to somewhat overvalued using several less traditional measures. But again that may not mean anything. A good read, nonetheless.

• doesn't it all depend on whether the discount rate makes sky high PEs reasonable?
  • Hi Bee!
    From the mouths of dogs comes......well, we're not sure. But the Dukester says the volume looks weaker now than in '87. Of course, he says he wasn't born then. But he would like to see the advance/decline line and new highs list to make a call. One hopes it's not the call of the wild or the backyard. Me? I'm just sipping on a longneck and doing time.
    God bless
    the Pudd
  • BobC said:

This is as plausible as any prediction backed up by technicals.

That's why it is called technical ANALysis. This guy doesn't even have to be right. That's OUR problem. We are also supposed to look at ideas from someone else's behind which will get us out of the market before it corrects. Until then this guy is right.