Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Ben Carlson: When Holding Is The Hardest Part

FYI: The easy money has been made” is one of my least favorite sayings about investing.

Making money in the markets is never easy. In fact, I would argue that it’s always hard.

Convincing yourself to buy during a bear market is hard. Convincing yourself to hold during a bull market is hard. Figuring out what to do during a sideways market is hard. Watching others make more money in the markets than you is hard. Following a plan when things aren’t going your way is hard. There’s always going to be a reason to do something that goes against your best interests.
Regards,
Ted
http://awealthofcommonsense.com/2017/04/when-holding-is-the-hardest-part/

Comments

• Thanks for posting this article Ted, excellent read. Been awhile for me posting since I had some serious health issues and was in Phoenix at Mayo, but had successful surgery and now back at home. Right now proves that we sure live in interesting times. Holding on to what I have except dumped BX finally, watching for 3 years my investment going down was enough. It really wasn't needed, I added a bank fund FRBAX a few months bank, will just stick with that.

Keep on posting, glad you are doing better.
  • @slick: Glad to hear your on the mend !!
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Hi @slick,

Thanks for the update and glad you are back with us.

Skeet
  • Old_skeet I'm glad to be back anywhere
  • Slick, very glad to have you back. Best to you.