Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

About those credit cards with chips

edited April 2017 in Off-Topic
It's no wonder to me why folks are having trouble with piracy and also at points of sale. Here's what I got when I went to pay my chip-enabled credit card bill on line. "It appears that your browser does not support the latest security protocols. Please update your browser to the latest version. Sorry we are unable to determine what browser you are using."

I'm lost, you figure it out.

Comments

• It is the cost of IT. Gone were the days "you are dead if you don't support all browsers". It simply costs too much to develop and support applications. At most 1 / 2 browsers may be supported.

Will you change your bank if their online website only works on Internet Exploder?

PS - Credit Card chip has nothing to do with this. But you already knew that.
  • Yes I know it was all nonsense. What puzzled me was the statement that they didn't know what browser I was using but they knew that it didn't meet their security protocols. How did they know that? Anyway, Apple was happy to learn that their latest and greatest version of their OS and Safari failed to make the grade.