Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Art Cashin: "Theresa May's Call For Snap Vote Throws Markets 'For A Loop' "

Comments

• Another useless political move. The formal exit from the EU is two years away. The trade negotiation with the rest of the continent is more important.
  • I agree, but still it's interesting. The exit will now happen, one way or another. What's to gain by an election at this point I don't understand, especially since the Brexit vote was so close. She must have some sort of inside info suggesting that an election may give her significant additional support given the weakness of the Labor Party, though that seems very chancy to me.
  • TedTed
    edited April 2017
    @Old-Joe: She wants to increase the number of seats held by the Conservatives Party. At present they control the House Of Commons by only seventeen members. The Conservative have a 20% lead in the current British polls.
    Regards,
    Ted