Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

World’s Cheapest ETF Portfolio Just Got Cheaper

FYI: In November 2015, the last time I updated my “World’s Cheapest ETF Portfolio,” I laid out a challenge to the ETF industry: “If someone would just launch a commodity fund priced at 0.25%,” I wrote, “we’d really be in business.”

My portfolio tracks the lowest-cost ETF in each of six different asset classes: U.S. stocks, international stocks, emerging market stocks, bonds, REITs and commodities—and the commodity fund always stuck out like a sore thumb. While I could get complete U.S. equity exposure for just 0.03%/year in fees, the cheapest commodity product out there charged 0.50%!
Regards,
Ted
http://www.etf.com/sections/blog/worlds-cheapest-etf-portfolio-just-got-cheaper?nopaging=1