Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

New TRP bond fund: PTTFX

edited March 2017 in Fund Discussions
Very new, from 11/15/2016. Yield, 2.53%. Monthly div. .023 cents.
I compared it quickly to MWTRX and DBLTX. Those other two have a history. Rated highly by Morningstar. Anyhow, the yield on the MetWest fund and its dividend are paltry. I see that the actual NAME of the fund does not jive with where M* puts it--- into the Interm. Bond category. Hmmmmm.

DBLTX has a respectable yield: 3.61%. And its monthly div is .0314 cents.
So, what do we think about PTTFX? In fact, like MWTRX, M* puts PTTFX into the Interm. Bond grouping. I love it when this crap happens... Final check: ALL THREE are categorized as Interm. Bond funds by M*. I thought "Total Return" actually MEANT something. Growl.

Comments

• @Crash: Does that mean "a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."
    Regards,
    Ted
  • @Crash

You and I, or anyone here could build a fund named "Eight Ball Total Return Fund" (BALLX).
    ---25%, U.S. equity
    ---25%, International, ex-US, equity
    ---25% investment grade bonds
    ---25% high yield bonds

Our motto: We'll do our best to provide the highest possible "Total Return" while attempting the preservation of capital

• ;) yooz guys...
  • @Crash
    Whoa, reads like you're speak'in that, west end of the state of Pennsylvania, slang.

K. Gotta get my head to a pillow.