Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Consumer Staples Could Be In For A Fall

FYI: (Click On Article Title At Top Of Google Search)

Consumer staples aren’t the haven they used to be. the sector’s vulnerability became all too apparent in February, when news leaked that Kraft Heinz was making a play for Unilever. Staples stocks quickly traded down, as the promise of catching Warren Buffett’s eye dissipated. Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway (ticker: BRKA) and Brazilian conglomerate 3G Capital control Kraft Heinz (KHC).
Then Unilever (UL) rejected what would have been the largest food and beverage deal in history, and consumer staples stocks sprang back to life. The sector is up 1.4% since its February swoon, versus a 0.3% gain for the S&P 500.
https://www.google.com/#q=Consumer+Staples+Could+Be+in+for+a+Fall+Barron's&*
Regards,
Ted

Comments

• edited March 2017
    I am trading consumer staples right now and still holding it. How do I get to be an expert on Barrons?

I'm in Healthcare, Consumer Staples and Utilities right now. I'm more worried about Healthcare reversing than the other 2 at this point.
  • I wish consumer staples would fall as I have a position from last year I want to add to. But all it does is go up, so, I wait. Funny..... in a bull market, even the unloved go higher.
    God bless
    the Pudd