Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Virtus acquisition of Ridgeworth

Having now received the proxy document I am trying to assess how my investment in (SAMBX) could be impacted by this acquisition. Cost are to remain the "same or less" for a two year period, the managers are supposedly going to stay and the sun comes up tomorrow. Virtus already run a senior loan fund advised by Newfleet (PSFIX) so one could speculate on the future of these two funds. From my understanding Virtus is a boutique with many advisers which appears to be a similar model to Ridgeworth. So just seeking any input, observations particularly anyone having experience with Virtus to help increase my knowledge so that I can make a rational decision. Thanks.

Comments

• It's all about the managers. If I were you I would watch it like a hawk. If you were me, you would sell.