Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Ping Ted Re:FTR

beebee
edited March 2017 in Off-Topic
I have been following this stock since you mentioned buying it awhile back.

Are you still invested?

If so, could you share your insight. It now stands at the bottom of the S&P 500, but I love an underdog.

I'm still holding BBRY (aka RIMM). I noticed Primecap buying it at these levels and I have to admit ignorance as to the merits of buying more shares of stocks such as these.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,

bee

Comments

• TedTed
    edited March 2017
    @bee: My plan is to capture the dividend next week, then sell. However, with that 16% dividend I just might keep a few shares as a gamble.
    Regards,
    Ted
    http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/ftr/dividend-history?symbol=FTR&selected=FTR

• It would be great to know what Primecap sees in Blackberry. At least they have to believe the business is worth more than it's price reflects but it sure has been a long slide. I don't know enough to buy shares for myself but the Primecap guys have been right a lot over the years and I certainly wouldn't want to bet against them. If nothing else maybe the CDN dollar will rally at some point and that might help the shares a little. I own a couple stocks of Canadian companies that I think are fundamentally sound investments but I sort of hope I get some eventual benefit from the currency as well.