Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Rondure Global Advisors: Funds Soon to Be Available?

Their URL is now asking visitors to send them a message, i.e., your email, when the site is available. Check it out.

http://rondureglobal.com/

Comments

• Reading about her past fund management performance, it will be interesting to see how she positions the offering as compared to the GP funds and that of Seafarer.
  • If she has any luck she will start the funds at the perfect time after impending correction:-)
  • I seem to recall that most new funds do well coming out of the chute...which is why I'm interested in this VF.
  • PRESSmUP said:

I seem to recall that most new funds do well coming out of the chute...which is why I'm interested in this VF.

Totally get your line of thinking. Just thinking out aloud. The ballast a fund has under it when someone gets in early and also after a correction has good psychological effect on the investor. More likely to be ahead of cost basis, and more likely to tolerate volatility and therefore more likely to keep holding long term and therefore actually make return otherwise only available on M* graphs.

Hope they are available in brokerages. I already feel my emerging market allocation is covered, so I'll need to see if I want to bite.
  • Re-reading the last commentary on Laura Geritz and her new venture, the description for her fund suggests it would be a bit higher in market cap than Grandeur Peak...according to GP president Eric Huefner. But when I look at the the fund she managed at Wasatch, WAIOX, the market cap is actually lower than GPGOX...though with an attractive go-anywhere international style.

My current similar holdings:

In taxable:
    -MAPTX
    -GPMCX

Tax deferred:
    -SFGIX
    -GPGOX
    -FMIJX

I'm pretty happy with these....not sure if there's a place for anything new unless something compelling surfaces.