Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Index Funds To Surpass Active Fund Assets In U.S. By 2024, Says Moody's

FYI: Index funds will grab more than half the assets in the investment-management business by 2024 "at the latest," Moody's Investors Service Inc said in a research note on Thursday.
Investors are increasingly buying relatively cheap funds that mimic benchmarks, while shunning active portfolio managers who strive to beat the market and often come up short. Passive funds currently account for 29 percent of the U.S. market, according to Moody's.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.fa-mag.com/news/index-funds-to-surpass-active-fund-assets-in-u-s--by-2024--says-moody-s-31190.html?print

Comments

• Hi @Ted,

Nice to see you posting links again.

Best regards,
    Skeet
  • Yay Ted!
  • I hope this means you are on the road to recovery Ted. You are very much missed.
  • I would love to see a graphic of the returns from all these guys against their corresponding investment style indexes. That would settle any discussion about passive and managed investing. I have no idea who would prevail.
  • edited February 2017
    Who's Ted?

Just kidding! We've missed you.:)
  • beebee
    edited February 2017
    Maybe @Ted went all in on indexing and now spends his time knitting, whittling,and baking.

It's always the other guys at the bar who wish their "friend" would come back in and start drinking again.

Hope you are getting better with each day.

We're saving your seat at the MFO Bar & Grill just in case.