Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Top Innovative Economies by Country Ranking

beebee
edited January 2017 in Off-Topic
The economic health of countries matters when it come to the health of its companies. Interesting article on the innovative health of countries around the world.

South Korean has out paced all countries with patents, R&D, and Value added Manufacturing.
Australia is the world's most productive country (Based on GDP/GNI)

Full Article (Bloomberg):
https://bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-17/sweden-gains-south-korea-reigns-as-world-s-most-innovative-economies

Here's the top twenty:

Understanding what these categories reflect is included here:

Comments

• Hi bee!
    Funny.....where I work, productivity is the holy grail. Yet, when looking at the chart, it seems R&D and patents seem to have the higher ranking in the top ten countries. You don't think the losers (i.e., companies) push this because of their lack of innovation and leadership, do you?

90[u8ixyro8dlu5h]0,i]p=80gk79p7biroutbd o0yf0806;

That was Duke....he's wound up about this. I got a longneck. It's good he can't type.....oh, the things he might say....
    God bless
    the Pudd
  • @Puddnhead,

Time to trim Duke's finger nails.

Here's another longneck (data deep) site that allows the reader to select different countries...open the pull down window on right side of page where you see the "United States" is Listed:

tradingeconomics.com/united-states/indicators
  • Hi bee,

Wow, what a data dense website! I've added it to my bookmarks. It includes much more data than I new existed or will ever use. I now have options that will likely confuse.

Nevertheless, thank you so very much.

Best Wishes.
  • Hi bee,
    Wow is right! I've never seen so much information on one site. Thank you. The grasshopper will bee diving into it to try and learn something.
    God bless
    the Pudd
    p.s. For those playing along at home, this is a page one might want to keep.