Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

"Prospects for International Stocks, Value Stocks and Bonds in the New Year"

edited January 2017 in Fund Discussions
In this months edition of "Mutual Fund/ETF Research Newsletter," January edition, (linked below) Dr. Tom Madell, PhD discusses the prospects and his thoughts on the above subject titled newsletter. In addition, he offers up some new asset allocations for his Model Portfolios along with the whyfor changes.

http://funds-newsletter.com/jan17-newsletter/jan17-new.htm

Enjoy the read.

I wish all ... "Good Investing."

Old_Skeet

Comments

• edited January 2017
    "While any time of the year can prove to be a worthwhile time to consider changes to your investments, the start of a new year typically seems to arouse the most interest for this kind of activity. It is at this time that it has become clear which investments excelled in the prior year and which didn't, perhaps suggesting the new year will follow suit."

Thanks for the read Ol'Skeet. I think most would agree that this is a good time to think over our allocation to various assets. You've linked a very in-depth article for those who care to read it.

I'd agree that valuations look cheaper abroad - but come not without risk. Recently opened a small position in PIEQX - an international equity index fund. It's gone nowhere for several years now and impresses me as perhaps a "sleeper" in the realm of fund opportunities. To some extent I'm betting the Dollar won't continue to strengthen against these other currencies much longer. Since the amount is small, won't lose any sleep over this one. If it drops 10-20%, might buy a bit more.

Regards