Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Morningstar Glitch ... Xray

edited December 2016 in Off-Topic
For those that might wish to use the basic Xray tool (linked below) I have discovered a glitch associated in the use of this tool that dates back to the middle of the summer.

http://portfolio.morningstar.com/RtPort/Free/InstantXRayDEntry.aspx?dt=0.7055475

After you have loaded the respective mutual fund ticker symbols with respective amounts and have clicked on the Xray tab when the report comes up it may be blank with do data. If so, the fix is simple ... just click on edit tab again, pause a moment, and then click the Xray tab again and the report should load. In addition, to input cash held into Xray, I have found that CASH$ (used as the ticker symbol and in CAPS) plus the amount works.

I am not sure why this glitch has not yet been fixed. At one time, I thought Morningstar was attempting to drive Basic Xray users to subscribe to their premium service. But, with issues such as this I doubt many would want to become paying subscribers.

On a plus note, thus far this year, I have found no issues with Portfolio Manager which is linked below for those that might wish to set up their portfolio.

https://members.morningstar.com/Register/Portfolio?vurl=687474703A2F2F706F7274666F6C696F2E6D6F726E696E67737461722E636F6D2F5274506F72742F5265672F416C6C566965772E61737078&referid=A3539

I wish all "Good Investing" in the coming New Year!

Old_Skeet

Comments

• edited December 2016
    Used to be M* was up to date on any given day's action by 6:00. Then it was 6:30. Now, it's the next day. Doesn't matter if you're a premium member or not. The tool I use most is the X-Ray (as opposed to "Instant X-Ray," for free members.) The advantage is that it's pre-loaded. You don't need to fill in the thing, line by line. If I didn't have access through TRP, I'd never BUY their service......Morningstar has become as prompt and expeditious as Canada Post. ;)