Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• Sven December 2016
Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

M*: The 11 Biggest Manager Changes Of 2016

FYI: We've had a bumpy year in the fund world, full of important manager changes. To make sure you haven’t missed any, I compiled this quick rundown of the 11 biggest changes and our first take on the impact of those changes. (I have a monthly column in Morningstar FundInvestor that tracks changes.) It’s worth following funds that made manager changes for at least a year or two after the change, to look for signs of how the new managers will run their funds.
Regards,
Ted
http://news.morningstar.com/articlenet/article.aspx?id=784966

Comments

• The changes were viewed by M* as largely negative even though some of the new managers have been co-managers for some time. I tend to take a wait and see attitude unless there is sizable changes in the portfolio that indicates the investment process has been changed.

Yacktman fund is a good example. The turnover has been minimal since Don Yacktman retired a year. Stephen Yacktman and Jason Subotky now co-managing the fund. So far it has done well but it is worthwhile to monitor if the situation changes.