Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Chuck Jaffe: Gifts That Mutual Fund Companies Should Give Investors Now

FYI: Mutual fund companies can’t guarantee great results, but they could give shareholders honest and clear disclosure that helps investors properly use and understand the funds they own or are interested in.

Which is why I wish the fund industry would treat investors better. My holiday wish list is filled with ideas that most industry insiders scoff at, right up to the point when performance lags or there’s an industry scandal, at which point they get re-packaged as “mutual fund reform.” Yet I expect that one day, most of these fund wishes will come true:
Regards,
Ted
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/7-gifts-that-mutual-fund-companies-should-give-investors-now-2016-12-15/print