Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Gundlach: Market Rally Could Reverse 'At The Latest' By Trump’s Inauguration

FYI: Financial markets could reverse the solid momentum in equities at the latest by U.S. President-elect Donald Trump’s Jan. 20, 2017, inauguration, Jeffrey Gundlach, chief executive of DoubleLine Capital, said on Thursday.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-funds-doubleline-gundlach-idUSKBN13Q5FL

Comments

• edited December 2016
    Gundlach obviously knows bonds (albeit not corporate junk bonds where he is almost always bearish) but he certainly knows no more than you, me, and the man in the moon when it comes to stocks.

Here's his call in early March where he said stocks had at most 2% on the upside but 20% on the downside. He said stocks are a "big losing proposition."

Who knows, his broken record bearishness on stocks may someday be right like the proverbial stopped clock.

http://kingworldnews.com/jeff-gundlach-says-stay-long-gold-rally-will-continue-to-1400/

• edited December 2016
    Some may recall I got burned a bit pulling my 2016 distributions early in the current year. What a bum start we had. Learned my lesson. Been shifting a little at a time into ultra short as things move up. Can still pull it out in Jan. as a '17 distribution. (PRNEX - the gift that keeps giving.) As luck would have it, I'll probably wish I'd waited longer. Never can predict these *##** markets.:)

What a strange day. Doubt if anything outside energy is doing well in the equity end. NAS down big time. If I was a bond person, I'd probably be dabbling in something now after the rout. But don't really understand or follow them much. Good luck all.