Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Fannie-Freddie Investors Cheer Trump On Hopes Of Policy Changes

FYI: Shares of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac surged at the open as investors in the mortgage-finance giants speculated that a Donald Trump presidency might reverse years of policy geared toward wiping out their investments.

Fannie Mae shares rose 13 percent to $1.87 at 10:33 a.m. Freddie Mac climbed 15 percent to $1.78. Shares of some classes of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac preferred shares were up more than 8 percent. The spikes were in sharp contrast to the S&P 500, which was flat.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-11-09/fannie-freddie-investors-cheer-trump-on-hopes-of-policy-changes

Comments

• edited November 2016
    As I have a bucketful of FNMA, I certainly hope the twins are set free, but I really fail to see how a Trump win equals a greater likelihood of this happening. The TBTF banks want what the twins have in the lucrative mortgage business....and both parties gladly do the bidding of the banks. I think the pending court decisions will drive a possible outcome more than a change in administrations.