Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

TD Ameritrade Introduces New Retail Robo-Adviser Platform

FYI: TD Ameritrade Holding Corp. is the latest custodian to launch a low-cost direct-to-consumer robo-advice platform to attract clients who don't want to pay more for human help with financial planning and investing.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.investmentnews.com/article/20161101/FREE/161109994?template=printart

Comments

• These robo advisors and algos are great until they're not. Waiting for when they all simultaneously freak out and move clients into/out of positions, churning their accounts, roiling markets, and more. Robos work nicely in trending markets -- but whether they, or their fire-and-forget clients, will survive a 2008-type GFC event is as yet unknown. I don't hold much optimism.
  • @rforno Based on your response to my linking David's November Commentary on M*'s TIAA Diacussion Board, Thanks, but geez Ted, why do you have to spam every M* forum with the link? I would appreciate it if would not respond to any of my articles links. I don't want you eating spam !!!!!!!!!!!!

• edited November 2016
    Clearly you missed the entirety of what I (and others) were saying over there -- posting the same link in multiple forums just is not polite, and it makes David/MFO look bad, too! As I said over there and will say here as well, I do appreciate many of your contributions both here and there --- but at MFO people probably don't consider it 'spam' since you're posting different articles, many of which I find useful.

It's unfortunate you seem to have (mis)interpreted things as a personal attack, which it's not, at least not from me. Suggest you Google the basics of 'netiquette" if you're not sure on why I said what I said. And that's all I'm going to say because I don't see how this conversation can serve any useful purpose at this point.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled linkfest....which as I said, some of us, including me, appreciate.
    Ted said:

@rforno Based on your response to my linking David's November Commentary on M*'s TIAA Diacussion Board, Thanks, but geez Ted, why do you have to spam every M* forum with the link? I would appreciate it if would not respond to any of my articles links. I don't want you eating spam !!!!!!!!!!!!