Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• edited October 2016
    OMG. AMG marketing department decided people not buying other Yacktman funds because when it does not find good investments it holds cash, and people think fund has to be fully invested.

So what does this mean. Yacktman buys second string ideas? Or simply own same stocks but stays fully invested? I would think 2008 would have been good time to start this fund. Why now? Oh, what am I asking:-O

• Yawn.

I can see them having 20-30 positions, getting a sudden inflow of cash, and then, not finding any value stocks, just dump the extra AUM into an index fund it holds to remain 'fully invested' LOL
  • I wonder what Don thinks about this.
  • Don Yacktman is no longer of part of management.

His son, Steve, and co-manager, Jason Subotky have been running Yacktman funds for last several years. Both Yacktman and Yacktman Focus funds are concentrated that focus on few sectors.
  • Yes I know, but I'm sure he has an opinion. I'm sure Don Yacktman never would've done this.
  • Rightly or wrongly, I and one of my kids bailed totally on all of them. Had held for a looong time.
  • I've owned since 2009, but I'm seriously reconsidering the new management.