Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Several Motley Fool Funds in registration

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/831114/000110465916147921/a16-19259_1485apos.htm

Motley Fool Independence Fund
Motley Fool Great America Fund
Motley Fool Epic Voyage Fund

Comments

• I'll pass.
  • Agreed. How "Fool"-ish can one get?

These are actually existing funds, just changing legal structure. The funds were series of the Motley Fool Funds Trust, and they will be series of the RBB Fund, Inc. Grouping funds as series of a trust is often done to cut down on overhead costs, especially by small funds.

RBB Fund is a wrapper for a plethora of funds. Some of the better known ones (IMHO) are Bogle Small Cap Growth (BOGLX) and Boston Partners Funds. Before they were shuttered, it also held n/i Numeric Investors Funds.

The ERs are weird - for the Independence fund, the Institutional class fund has "other expenses" that are 1% higher than the Investor class. Typically expenses are lower for I class shares, since there's less administration to deal with.

The difference between ERs for the two share classes of the Great America fund (again with the Institutional class being higher) is about 1.3%, and the difference for classes of the Epic Voyage class is truly epic, at 4%. Its institutional share class has "other expenses" of 4.84%!
  • TedTed
    edited October 2016
    @MFO Members: Fools, Dave and Tom Gardner, rush In where angels fear to tread. Take a pass on the brothers and their website.
    Regards,
    Ted

Fools Rush In: Brenda Lee
  • 2 / 3 fund performance is not so bad. Just saying.
    If you invested in WWWFX ...

THAT is why you buy funds at the right time. There is no "pass" or "fail".