Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• The imitations were briliant -- as usual. However, given the seriousness of things and what it means/might mean for our futures, I found it hard to laugh at the skit yesterday. :(
  • It is what you would have expected. SNL is too heavy handed in its bias and the comedy suffers.
  • edited October 2016
    DanHardy said:

It is what you would have expected. SNL is too heavy handed in its bias and the comedy suffers.

I'll agree with you in this case.

To the larger issue, who needs SNL to get a laugh? Watch or read the news. When a $900M loss in a single year can be spun (by Rudy and others) as a mark of "financial genius" who needs SNL?

• It was hard to pick the satire from the actual. Well done by SNL. Their funniest stuff comes every 4 years.
  • To the larger issue, who needs SNL to get a laugh? Watch or read the news. When a $900M loss in a single year can be spun (by Rudy and others) as a mark of "financial genius" who needs SNL?
    This reminds me a quote from Mark Twain...
    "It's not return on my money I'm interested in, it's return of my money"

If this financial genius is your money manager who manages to loss $916 millions in one year, and tells you, the shareholders that there will be NO capital gain for the next 18 years. Would you buy that fund?

Think I will stick to something plain and transparent index funds.