Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

FAIRX hits new High for the Year...up 31% YTD

beebee
edited May 2012 in Fund Discussions
Wishful thinking or a sustained uptrend? I'm still down 10 % from when I took a position but it sure appear to no longer occupy the basement floor on this elevator ride style fund. Hopefully we avoid another "Tower of Terror" experience going forward.

Your thoughts?

Look What Fund Manager is back on top:
http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2012/04/02/berkowitz-fairholme-fund/?source=yahoo_quote

Comments

• Hi Bee. I bought FAAFX in Feb, 2011. It's up over 20% YTD, but it's been a wild ride. I am on the plus side of my purchase. I see Berkowitz's funds having a sustained 'long term' uptrend. Problem is they are so concentrated, anything can happen short term.

I have faith in Berkowitz. I bought the allocation fund based on a proven manager with long term success who started a fund that gave him even more flexibility than FAIRX. So, FAAFX is a long term buy and hold for me. Yup, he was way early into financials but it's working out. I do remember that there were many posters here at MFO jumping ship last year.