Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Ex-IMF chief Rato and friends...tiny bit of corruption charged...credit card fun. Coated with honey!

edited September 2016 in Off-Topic
A continuation of "wonderful" examples, especially for the younger folks of the planet, of "how things work in the world of big money".
Wells Fargo being the current flag bearer, in the long line of "wonderful" examples in this country.
I'm sure a grad student or others somewhere have already written papers about the ramifications upon a society from the actions and limited punishment of such folks.
Stripped to the naked, skin coated with honey and staked onto the forest floor for 3 or 4 days would be a start, eh?
Oh, as you have asked;......no food or water during this short time frame.
Hey, tis only 12 million euros with plastic cards. What is the harm? I'm sure the monies stimulated economies somewhere.

NOTE: innocent until proven guilty, eh?

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-spain-corruption-rato-idUSKCN11W1B9

Comments

• A former IMF chief and a bank chairman. This Rat Rato knew how to handle other people's money.

Indians did something similar with wet leather straps that tightened as they dried. If the ants didn't torture you enough, the buzzards would as they pecked at your eyeballs. Ghastly way to go.
  • Hah! Anyone who is working for a reasonable sized company, just look around. There are serial "travelers" who find reasons to go away on business and have a ball at companies expense. Those emails, and annual meetings you have at companies that talk about reducing expenses - remember then? They are caused by the same people.

I bet 10 to 1, this guy goes free. Unless of course he bought a $100,000 shower curtain. Then he is just stupid. However, if he is having $1000 steaks every week, I doubt he will be convicted. Wish they provided details on this "personal expenses".