Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Lia Ann Sonders: "Old Bull Market Doesn't Mean Dead Bull Market"

FYI: The time to worry about the stock market is when investors are giddy with euphoria — and that's just not happening yet, says Liz Ann Sonders, Schwab's chief investment strategist.

Despite the looming presidential election and the prospect of rising interest rates, Ms. Sonders, speaking to advisers and investors at Morningstar's 2016 ETF conference in Chicago on Wednesday, took a neutral stance on the stock market's prospects.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.investmentnews.com/article/20160908/FREE/160909955?template=printart

Comments

• edited September 2016
    I remember when Liz use to tout the Rule of Twenty as a valuation measure for stocks (S&P 500 Index). I have not heard her mention the Rule of Twenty ... as being plenty ... for sometime now. I wonder, What gives? Could it be stocks have become overvalued? And, if she were to tout the rule of twenty as a vauation measure then the average retail investor ... well ... just might not invest new money in perhaps an overvalued market.