Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

"Secret Sauce" (lip)...

Comments

• Dear Tony: I intend to liquidate my capital appreciation portfolio of funds the last week of May, and move to cash and bond funds. I will re-enter the equities market in early October.
    Regards,
    Ted

Trading Calendar: http://www.cxoadvisory.com/trading-calendar/
  • Hi Tony,

I charted VTI, Vanguard's Total stock market ETF and EDV, Vanguard Long Duration bond ETF and highlight months where the secret sauce appeared in 2010 and 2011...not sure if it will show up this year, but hopeful.

• Ted, thanks for the info on your investment plans and the CXO reference. Bee, thanks for the nice visualization of the strategy's recent performance.

Best, Tony
  • edited April 2012
    Hi Tony,

I have for a good number of years followed the Sell in May and back in around October market strategy and I have found it to be of benefit. For me, I sell down equities approaching May ... I don't sell out of them mind you ... and, I increase my equity allocation in late summer or early fall based upon the use of some T/A & the use of a secret sauce.

So for the summer it is now "Let the Good Times Roll" ... Heck, you might even find Bo, Luke and Daisy Duke here. Can't ever tell who will show up to get some of this secret sauce. I've been coming here since the mid 80's and now that May is here I am kicked back ... you guessed it ... in Murrells Inlet.

This secret sauce can be found in the Inlet and it has been around for better than twenty years. It truly is good on most anything ... the Green Sauce ... Click the link below and then the gift shop. In addition, watch the video for another one of Flo's secrets.

http://flosplace.com/site/

If there is an interest ... I'll continue to spotlight some of the secrets of the Inlet.

Skeeter