Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Investors Shouldn’t Fly Solo When They Have A Co-Pilot FYI:

FYI:
Regards,One of my closest friends manages his family’s money. His wife doesn’t know where their money is invested. Nor does she know how it’s invested. She claims she doesn’t care.
I’ve spoken to many financial advisors who say that’s common
Regards,
Ted
Ted
https://assetbuilder.com/knowledge-center/articles/investors-shouldnt-fly-solo-when-they-have-a-co-pilot-

Comments

• It is a good idea for couples to review their finance on quarter basis with respect to their retirement target, kids college fund and others. My father passed away a month ago and there is lots to do even though there is a will in place. We have young kids so we have to plan for everything.

My wife and I use both books and software to organize the accounts, passwords, and etc. Few I like are:

1. Get it together by Melanie Cullen, 6th edition
    2. Make your own living trust by Denis Clifford, 12th edition.