Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Convertible & Preferred Funds Beckon With Growth Potential And Safer Yields Of Up To 5%

FYI:(I have owned PFF since 3/11/09, with a monthly dividend of between 5 and 6% year in year out.)

Investing can be a tricky dance between sometimes dueling aims. An ETF investor may look for ways to earn stock-like returns with less risk or to balance growth and income needs.

Those conflicting goals have come more sharply into focus in today's challenging markets. And that's helping some exchange traded funds to make nimble-footed moves on the floor of the stock market.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.investors.com/etfs-and-funds/etfs/convertible-funds-beckon-with-growth-potential-and-safer-yields-up-to-5/

Comments

• @Ted: I opted for the Cohen & Steers Fund CPXIX as my foray into this space, I saw in a number of your posts you mentioned preferreds and decided to research them. Glad you mentioned them, replaces some income from my munis that were called this year.
  • @slick: CPXIX is and excellent fund, good yield plus some capital appreciation. I believe all MFO Members should own some form of preferred vehicle, stocks, OEF, ETFs.
    Regards,
    Ted