Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

M*: 4 Top Equity-Heavy Allocation Funds

FYI: Four very different approaches to equity-heavy allocation are on display.
Regards,
Ted
http://news.morningstar.com/articlenet/article.aspx?id=759884

Comments

• F and TRP have no load. The other 2 carry a hefty 5.75% Load. I'll stick with the ones I'm already holding, but thanks for the link, Ted.
  • msf
    edited July 2016
    "F" is Franklin, right? :-)

That fund (Franklin Mutual Shares) has a noload share class MUTHX open to people who were continuously invested in any of Michael Price's old funds (they are grandfathered in) and to investors in wrap accounts.

The noload F-1 share class IFAFX of Income Fund of America® is available through various HSA accounts, including one that I've been looking at (because it is one of the few that facilitates cost-effective investing for sub $10K HSAs). It tends to be one of the more attractive offerings on these HSA lists of funds.

More and more these days funds can be accessed without paying a load. A fund that at first blush has an entry fee need not be dismissed automatically.
  • Check out 5***** comments .
    Derf