Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

what to do and where to go w semi-nearterm moneys?

Old story and od question. I have a fair amount of money in rollover IRAs that I will be needing to gradually / partially live on starting in a year perhaps. Most of it needed starting 2-3-4y. I have recently sold the accounts' broad stock holdings and it's now in cash. I would like to do something other than leave it there. Market is high and may be going higher, duh, or not, double-duh. I would put much of it in GLRBX or AOM but feel I can likely do better going 50-50 w/ DSENX and PONDX. Or more timidly could put 2/3 in PONDX and that's it, of course. Ideas welcomed. Taxes not much of an issue.

Comments

• edited July 2016
    I think that you have to balance the risk of a capital loss with income for that time frame and goal.
    The only one in that group that make sense to me it PONDX. You get a 7.33% return. So if it were to decline 15% over 2 years you would break even - a low risk occurrence. The the others return is so low that with even a minor decline you would lose money.

You might look at DSL, PREMX, to add to the mix wit PONDX.