Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

10-Year Yield Continues To Plummet

FYI: Yields on long-term sovereign debt continue to plummet around the globe this morning. Earlier today, the yield on the 10-year US Treasury dropped down to a 50+ year low of 1.31%, but it has since recovered a bit to 1.34%.
Regards,
Ted
https://www.bespokepremium.com/think-big-blog/10-year-yield-continues-to-plummet/

Comments

• The only question is: How low will it go?

I think the answer to that might surprise us all.

• Nevertheless, US treasury is still the safe haven for the rest of the world. Negative and near zero yields are here among European and Japanese debts. It is crazy that you (the investors) pay the banks to hold your money.

Other suggested to buy blue chip stocks with dividends that are higher than Treasury yield. S&P 500 bond index (not stock index) was also suggested in Ted's earlier posting.
  • Bonds, both domestic and foreign, in dedicated bond funds, are 28.25% of current portfolio. Then there are large holdings in balanced funds, MAPOX and PRWCX. Quite a good year, so far. Foreigners flocking into US bonds. Interest rates at record lows, meaning that share prices are up. What happens to the US dollar when the bubble bursts? And when might that happen? And where will I reallocate my goodly bond-profit dollars, at my scheduled reallocation time, after the New Year?