Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Market Strategist Jeff Saut: Be Conserative, Not Conventional

edited April 2012 in Fund Discussions
I like this guy ... and, I have followed his take on the markets for the past couple of years. In this post he references a rising dividend growth fund as a conserative means to invest in the market. These type funds typically invest in companies that can grow earnings in most market environments and have a history of raising their dividends. I hope you find value in the read.

http://www.marketfolly.com/2012/04/market-strategist-jeff-saut-be.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+MarketFolly+(Market+Folly)

Good Investing,
Skeeter

Comments

• Hey Skeeter,

Not sure if you caught Jeff's interview with Jim Puplava:

Jeffrey Saut: Shrugging Off Bad News!
    Why Stocks Are Still The Best Game In Town:
    http://www.financialsense.com/financial-sense-newshour/guest-expert/2012/04/12/jeffrey-saut/shrugging-off-bad-news-why-stocks-are-still-best-game-in-town
  • edited April 2012
    Hi bee,

Thanks for posting the additional link. And, no I had not heard the interview. I did very much enjoy listening to it as Mr. Saut seems to be on my investing wave length and mirrors many of my own thoughts.

My strategy last spring was to sell down some equities, book profit and raise cash. Buy equities during the pull back that came this past summer and then reduce equities again in late spring for a nice profit as I recently did. Currently, I am moderately positioned in equites so I can take avantage of a rising market and with more than ample cash I am holding I can do some buying if the market should pull back later in the year. As Mr. Saut says ... success in the market has a lot to do with managing risk and not so much where you sell but where you establish positions.
    After all, the price you pay for something has a lot to do with how much you will make when it comes time to sell it.

Know that I will make more should the market continue to rise than I will on a pull back investment move ... but know this too, either way it goes, Skeeter will be there.

Thanks again for posting the additinal like. I enjoyed it much.

Good Investing,
    Skeeter