Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Foreign Funds have been laggards this year are they about to catch up?

edited April 2012 in Fund Discussions
Foreign Funds have been laggards this year. Are they about to catch up? If If so then which ones are poised to perform the best. I currently hold Harbor international HAINX. But thinking of adding Oakmark int. OAKIX.

Prinx

Comments

• I like OAKIX as well....and of course...JAOSX always comes back with a vengence when international markets do well. I am also intrigued by WTIFX, although it would not really be "bouncing back". It has performed very well the past three years. I also wouldn't count out EXWAX as a good multi-cap international fund with some emerging markets.
  • Something always has to lag, wouldn't be concerned if you hold a good diversified fund as a moderate amount of a total porfolio. Many foreign funds also hold some emerging market so don't add too much EM. We are long term holders of
    SGOVX and UMBWX.