Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• edited June 2016
    (NYSE:LTC), (NYSE:NHI), (NYSE:WPC), (NYSE:SKT), (NYSE:DLR), (NYSE:VTR), (NYSE:HTA), (NYSE:O), and (NYSE:UBA).
  • edited June 2016
    O, HCN, WPC and VTR make up my personal REIT collection, and I'm really happy with that team which makes up about 15% of my IRA.

By the way, I added WPC two and a half years ago on a recommendation from Scott who used to contribute here.

Thanks Scott.

• I hold a few but I'm not sure I'd rate any of them screaming buys at today's valuation levels. Also be aware that the article's author has often been regarded as someone who has never met a REIT he didn't like. Yes, retiree's like REIT's and the usually steady and reliable income but stuff happens you know.
  • You're right about the author Mark, but an overlap with Josh Peter's recommendations provides a bit more confidence...or so I believe.
  • I agree with the comments that you have made Press and I'm also a fan of Josh's work. However, I don't follow either religiously and search for as much balance as possible when performing DD. If I had to choose it would be Josh because he will admit to a mistake when it happens. We all eventually go with what works best for us.