Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

'GLD' YTD Inflows Top $10 Billion, 'HYG' Loses Big

FYI: On the whole, investors continued to pour money into U.S.-listed exchange-traded funds this week. About $5 billion entered ETFs as a whole, with most of the money going into U.S. equity products, according to FactSet data. On the other hand, fixed-income ETFs saw a sizable outflow—$960 million—but that was all due to one product in particular.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.etf.com/sections/weekly-etf-flows/weekly-etf-flows-2016-06-16-2016-06-10

Comments

• I wonder if there will ever be a time when I would be even moderately interested in buying gold. Maybe it's just me.
  • edited June 2016
    A Little History

...a moment in time at the end of the summer of 2011 during which the investor class had temporarily lost its collective mind.
    Investors, you see, had pushed the assets under management in State Street’s GLD Etf to a higher level than the assets held in its S&P 500 Etf (SPY). In other words – investors had decided, in the aggregate, that securitized rocks were worth more than the entirety of American capitalism and free enterprise.
    The combined productive fruits of American business and labor were, for a moment, worth less to investors than a paper precious metal proxy.

August 22nd 2011
    http://thereformedbroker.com/2014/09/18/that-time-three-years-ago-when-investors-temporarily-lost-their-minds/

Today
    SPY
    As of 06/16/2016
    Price $208.38
    Shares Outstanding 876.68 M
    Total Net Assets $182,685.64 M

GLD Last Sale
    US $123.97
    Gold spot price
    Bid
    US $1,298.45
    Ask
    US $1,298.85

Total gold in trust
    Tonnes
    Ounces
    Value US$

I recently trimmed my precious metal holdings @ a ( long waited ) profit. Now < 5% of investable assets, mostly TGLDX and PSAU