Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Morningstar conference: the Day One agenda

For what interest it holds, Charles and I will be at Morningstar throughout the conference. Ed returns to town Tuesday afternoon and will join us Wednesday. By my count, I'll be meeting with 11 managers or teams over two days plus a handful of other thoughtful and interesting folks. I'll try to give you a heads-up tonight about the interviews, with an offer to add topics that I ought be raise. Energy permitting, I'll try to share a precis of the day's events each evening.

Monday's agenda: I'll arrive in Chicago about 1, meet Tadas Viskanta at 2, Michael Hasenstab speaks at 3, Bill Bernstein (whom I really respect, you should check the guy's bio) is one of the three General Session speakers at 4, Teresa Kong of Matthews Asia is at 6 and Andrew Foster, Charles and I will share dinner at 7. It's also good to ease into things with a slow first day.Charles is already in Chicago and, mostly, has a separate set of folks he's pursuing.

More soon,

David

Comments

• Interesting lineup, thanks for posting. I'm particularly interested in what Hasenstab has to say.
  • Do you suppose it's significant that Morningstar's upcoming ETF Conference lists a former Navy SEAL as one of its four keynote speakers?
  • edited June 2016
    Not really - ex-SEALS somehow do the conference keynote thing despite having zero background in the conference theme. I was shocked that a SEAL was invited to keynote a major computer security conference I was involved with a few years ago ... he had no computer security background or relevance, and his talk was all about leadership, initiative, and other management-centric motivating type of things. But he was a SEAL, and that was prominently hyped in the event marketing. *facepalm*

It's well known that several ex-SEALs (and some current ones) love the media and public spotlight that "being a SEAL" brings to them, much to the chagrin of their teammates and the rest of the special ops community who are generally considered the quiet professionals.