Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

M* serving up day-old bread?

The last few nights, I've noticed the performance numbers bear the previous day's date. Many people depend on those numbers, even if they are only making use of the offered free membership. Some of us are premium members. Day-old numbers, at 11:49 p.m. of the FOLLOWING day, just doesn't cut the mustard.

Comments

• M* site has all sorts of problems with data, interface, and more. Not surprising to see more complaints. Frankly the premium side has gone downhill over the past 18 months or so in many ways ... and their IT dept is slower than mollasses in addressing even the 'big' problems. :(
  • @MFO Members: There's always Yahoo & Lipper !
    Regards,
    Ted
  • edited June 2016
    In additon ... as I write ... their Instant Xray tool is also not working.
  • Thanks for the replies and information. I know that other sources are out there. There is something to be said for the convenience-factor, however: when someone like myself knows already where to look for particular items, it's easier than hunting it all down, somewhere else. TRP gives me Premium M* membership, so at least I'm not actually PAYING. (It's a perk connected to having X dollars on deposit with T. Rowe.) I don't use Instant X-Ray anymore at M* because I can click one button and get the more thorough "X-Ray" of my stuff, there.... In other news, COP is still a loser for me, but has climbed a bit, lately. PNM has been a roaring fire. I got into them both late last summer.... And with M*, I notice discrepancies with performance data compare to Barron's or Bloomberg. My WSJ subscription has ended, but I find that I can still sign-into Barron's, online.