Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Ping Accipiter - A possible project?

edited April 2012 in Technical Questions
I was wondering if you'd be interested in helping me figure out a better method for showing, sorting, searching and updating the manager changes that we post each month?

Everyone else -
Would you be interested in seeing managers changes that were searchable and sortable?

Comments

• Beta version - see what you think

http://www.mutualfundobserver.com/manager/mfomanager.php

a few fields w/funny characters and some truncated, that need to be fixed.
  • Hi Chip & Accipter,

This looks really nice. As I read through one column:

"Matthew Sauer is leaving to join Lateef Investment Management and perhaps help with the erratic Lateef Fund (LIMAX)"

LIMAX did not come through as an active link. It might be nice to known where (what fund) the "outed" manager will be now managing and be able to link to it.

Thanks for all your behind the scene work.
  • edited April 2012
    Bee,

I only wrote the program to put clickable links in the first columns - funds with parentheses are not clickable. All the data was converted from David and Chips hardwork of gathering and presenting info under the managers changes
    http://www.mutualfundobserver.com/category/manager-changes/

Unfortunately - I am responsible for errors introduced in the conversion (truncate some fields and some of the data has some weird characters) , in time that will be fixed.

I suspect if and when he goes to LIMAX that fund will be added to the manager changes and will have an appropriate link in the left hand column.

My personal thought is only to have a clickable link in the ticker column, and maybe someday it would be "cool to click on a manager name" and get a pop-up bio. But, as always David and Chip will make the decisions as to what changes will be made with input from you folks.

Ticker Fund Name Out In Date
    CAAPX Ariel Appreciation(CAAPX) Matthew Sauer is leaving to join Lateef Investment Management and perhaps help with the erratic Lateef Fund (LIMAX) John Rogers and Timothy Fidler will remain as comanagers. 03/12
  • Reply to @Accipiter:
    Wow,
    That explanation reminded me of the service that a customer would receive at their local Gulf service station...emphasis on service...thanks. At the time we were buying gas at 25 cents / gallon and did you get your money's worth. You guys are great!

Here's a great commercial from the time frame: