Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• I've not yet bought any domestic junk. Guess I will wait. I've had my sights set elsewhere. My collection now includes:
    1) a zero coupon foreign gov't bond: 5% of holdings
    2) PREMX 40%
    3) MAINX 2.7%
    4) DODIX 2.25%

BONDS= 50%

5) MSCFX 2.25%
    6) MAPIX 30.5
    7) MACSX 3.6%
    8) PFE 15.5%

EQUITIES= 50%

I'm too accustomed to the ups and downs of my funds as opposed to individual stocks. I do not like holding PFE, but the div. is .22 cents per share per quarter, and I've been told here at MFO that its price target by the end of the year is $26.00. I dunno how that company is going to get to $26.00, but anyhow, here we are.
  • ? cheap EM to buy
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-04-09/cheapest-equities-in-six-years-lure-schroders-china-overnight.html

could be speaking too soon, but I would be more careful then greedy
  • In keeping with the trend of buying Junk, I just bought shares of AWF
    Alliance Bernstein Global High Yield . I placed limit order bids for several shares on different days well below the asking price good until canceled. So when the general market went own at least I felt a little better when my orders were filled and later the share price popped up a bit.
    Lately I find CEF's interesting.
    prinx