Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• edited April 2016
    The play was outstanding. We were fortunate to get second row seats last November. I've looked and it's completely sold out now far as the eye can see.

The early bird ... :)

• @MFO Members: Putting Andrew Jackson from the front of the twenty dollar bill to the back is a joke. The country is going to drowned in political correctness.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • "is going"

@Ted: correction: "is already"
  • How is it PC to honor Tubman? This is the new wack definition.
  • @davidmoran: It has nothing to do with Tubman, its doing a dishonor to the office of the President of the United States by removing him from the front of the bill. I will not discuss this any further, except to say the hell with political correctness.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • Name one. Can't? Well, we'll just have to get us one of them female Presidents I guess so as to be able honor a woman without dishonoring a man.
  • edited April 2016
    I don't much care who's picture is on my money as long as it will buy stuff. Ever since credit card companies made it hard to use my cards when traveling out of state I've taken to stashing a few extra $50s here and there on trips. Hey ... $50 is $50. (Tips: under your cap, in your shoes, and in a cellphone case all work.)
  • @Ted, "its doing a dishonor to the office of the President of the United States."
    Hamilton was never president. If anything, Hamilton was in opposition to a major president--John Adams--whom he tried and succeeded in thwarting.
  • edited April 2016
    @Ted
    >> I will not discuss this any further,

Thank goodness! Good comedy, though, wrt presidential ignorance and PCness.
  • Excellent! Prince next.