Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Money Supply M1, M2. M3 removed from public data base...LIP

edited April 2012 in Off-Topic
This article did not remain in place at FundAlarm. Keep in mind, this write is from 2006.
Surely the Fed still monitors this M3 data and much other stuff, too. Apparently, it is not
deemed appropriate for the masses.

Of course, you will have to be the judge.

Link intended for educational purposes only.:):):)

http://inflationdata.com/articles/2006/03/16/goodbye-m3-what-is-the-government-hiding/

Comments

• HI Mark,

And here's John Williams

http://www.shadowstats.com/

But of course they're dinking the numbers. Hedonic adjustments, weightings, etc. However, the CPI has been helped enormously by globalism and the internet. And aggregate demand is still so low that firms have minimal pricing power - and indeed, other than the high end, it's mostly bottom fishing. Note that John's got inflation around 6% but unemployment is at 22% [read: aggregate demand]. It's now become structural and the middle class is being exterminated. Welcome to supply side economics. Goes back to Bush's tax cuts - lot's of good stuff but without more for the bottom of the ladder, there wouldn't be sufficient demand for goods and services to create jobs. I don't care if money is free and CapEx is a tax orgasm, I'm not building another plant if I'm at 75% capacity. Sh*theads, make all taxes 15% and eliminate every deduction on the books. 15% pay at the window - you, me, Apple, dividends, cap gains, income - but no deductions for anything. Nada. Eliminate them all.

peace,

rono