Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MFO, never "off topic"......LIP

edited March 2012 in Off-Topic
Thank you to one and all, in front of and behind the scenes.

Respectfully,

Catch

Comments

• Thanks! All of us here at MFO HQ have donned party hats, taken up noise makers and are preparing for the countdown to April 1. We were going to slowly lower Jack Bogle, in a sequined tux, from the ceiling but his hip wouldn't take it.

I never get to have any fun.

Except with you folks! Thanks from us all,

David, Chip, Accipiter, Junior and Anya
  • Howdy David,

Soon enough, that large maple tree you mentioned last year will be in full leaf; do take some time to have some fun and relaxation in its shade.

Regards,
    Mark

• Reply to @catch22: You wouldn't happen to be on a yacht, or perhaps a pirate ship, off the west coast of Africa, would you?

Curious, as ever,

David
  • David,

No. Just a land yacht (mini van) and parked in Michigan.
    I was on the west coast of Africa many years ago, but that doesn't count now.
    I was front-running the clock for the official "bday" as the server I linked to was in Europe and already April 1 there, eh; and here now, too.

Catch
  • Reply to @catch22: Analytics keeps showing one person on site, located a hundred miles or so out to sea, off Africa's west coast. Odd.
  • Reply to @David_Snowball: After owning an IPAD several months we noticed a way to switch off the GPS which was engaged & tracking our every move. Even with that off it's easy to determine the general location of an IP address. Have logged in from some interesting spots when vacationing in Florida and once from an Air Tran flight (over Kentucky we suppose). Nope - never from the mid-Atlantic or Africa. (-: (-: (-:
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Congratulations to MFO, and profound thanks to David, Chip, Accipiter, Junior and Anya for all your work!

• Yippee!! You-all done did it! Congrats. $upport cash to follow...
  • Wait. I was chained to my desk the last 2 weeks to finish the project.

Oh well, I might be late to the party but party is just starting for year long celebrations.

• Reply to @David_Snowball: Happy birthday. Again thank you for everything. Each month I look forward to the commentary.

Best regards,

Sven