Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

TEBOW beats the JETS and then joins the JETS

PSA
edited March 2012 in Off-Topic
Off-Off-Off Topic

The NY media is a joke. They say Tebow can't throw or make it as a starting QB for the Jets. I say screw the media.
TEBOW mania in NYC is alive and kicking.

Paul from Manhattan.

Comments

• Why are we talking about football on a financial discussion board? I recommend this posting be deleted.
  • Sorry PSA. I think the Jets are the joke, not the N.Y media (at least in this case). This is nothing more then a publicity stunt to get some media attention in a land where the Jets play ugly step-child to the Giants. At most, Tebow will get 3-4 plays a game in a Wild Cat formation. Nice kid but not an NFL every down quarterback.

Of course, I'm a Buffalo Bills fan. We have a lot of experience with bad decisions.
  • Message for Swen - If you notice the "off Topic" designation means non-financial topics. Check out some of the other posts that are indeed off topic which you should also reject.
  • Yup, I am a NY GIANTS FAN since 1985, I was jumping off the wagon and started to follow New England at week 12...but a couple of plays especially during the JETS-GIANTS game change my mind [cruz going for 90 yars touchdown]. I would not be surprise if giants repeat this year. They have the core of the team, and everything is about chemistry
  • Reply to @MikeM: I agree that both the Jets and the NY media are jokes. Speaking about jokes, your Bills are indeed... Good luck next year.
  • Reply to @johnN: Hi John. You mean you aren't a Cowboys fan!!! I thought everyone in Texas loved Dallas.

Since I live in Upstate NY, I'd pick the Giants as my 2nd favorite. Can't like New England just like I can't like the Jets. Being a Bills fan just doesn't let me like those guys.
  • Reply to @MikeM: HI Mike, I am a giants fan for quite a long time, use to like them when phil sims, bill parcells was coaching. I do like the cowboys/bledsoe/ bill parcells eras, but now they seem to be too arogant. last year they've declare themselves as world champions before we even play a game [Eagles also]...but I think action speaks louder than words. I like teams that are quiet and just go out there and do their business/winning championships.
  • It is very difficult to repeat as SB champs two years in a row. Please let me know the last time that was done.