Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• Ted March 2016
Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Ted's KKR "risks for the market are increasingly mounting to the downside"

edited March 2016 in Off-Topic
Good read on the macro view of global capital markets

KKR is a global investment firm that manages investments across multiple asset classes, including private equity, energy, infrastructure, real estate, credit strategies and hedge funds.
....we see four major macro debates where our views feel more pessimistic than the consensus.

Spotlighting 2016’s Great Debates
By HENRY H. MCVEY Mar 08, 2016
Member & Head of Global Macro & Asset Allocation, C I O of KKR Balance Sheet
Conclusion
Since I transitioned from covering financial services into a pure macro capacity in late 2003, I cannot remember a time when the cross currents have been as strong. To be sure, there is no “right” answer in terms of how to position one’s portfolio in today’s environment, as the Authorities are certainly working hard to encourage investors to move further out the risk curve. That said, our base case remains that, if 2015 was a time to get “Closer to Home” (see our 2015 Outlook piece), then 2016 still remains a time for “Adult Swim Only.” Importantly, just ten weeks into 2016, recent developments lead us to believe that the risks for the market are increasingly mounting to the downside
( link corrected per Ted's post )
http://www.kkr.com/global-perspectives/publications/spotlighting-2016’s-great-debates

This publication has been prepared solely for informational purposes.© 2016 Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. All Rights Reserved.
KKR
https://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSE:KKR&ei=I43hVtCUKMe2mAG8ybXADw

Comments