Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

The Bull Market Is Seven Years Old; Why Aren’t People More Excited?

FYI: The post-crisis bull market turned seven today. But it wasn’t a day for fancy presents or fireworks, or even an ice-cream cake in the office. It wasn’t really that kind of birthday party.
Regards,
Ted
http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2016/03/09/the-bull-market-is-seven-years-old-why-arent-people-more-excited/

Comments

• The article sort of answers its own question. Basically only an idiot would be excited at the market at this time Most I know are holding on and hoping to survive without a significant loss.
  • I am excited about it, and who is 'hoping to survive without significant loss?' People who dove in 54-55 weeks ago?
  • edited March 2016
    jerry said:

The article sort of answers its own question. Basically only an idiot would be excited at the market at this time Most I know are holding on and hoping to survive without a significant loss.

Count me as an idiot. How can one not be excited about the move in equities, junk bonds and oil since the 2/11 bottom? Then again, from what the pundits say it has been (take your pick) a counter trend rally - a relief rally - a bear market rally- a suckers rally. Regardless, a rally to have made some nice money.