Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Can Mutual Funds Be Too Big To Fail? NY Fed Says Yes…Sort Of

(This is a follow-up article)
FYI: Just when mutual-fund managers thought the systemic-risk talk was over, the New York Fed has stoked the fire. Sort of.
In a post published Thursday on the New York Federal Reserve’s Liberty Street Economics blog, economists argued that mutual funds are at risk of fire-sales and runs.
Regards,
Ted
http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2016/02/19/can-mutual-funds-be-too-big-to-fail-ny-fed-says-yes-sort-of/tab/print/

Comments

• edited February 2016
    delete
  • @Edmond: In retrospect, I think you right the subject matter New York Federal Reserve’s Liberty Street Economics blog, economists argued that mutual funds are at risk of fire-sales and runs was covered in a previous earlier morning link "Federal Reserve Staffers Say Mutual Funds Vulnerable To Runs." I guess I need to go here !!!!!
    Regards,
    Ted
    Woodshed: