Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Why Vanguard Is About To Engulf The Financial Planning Industry

FYI: Bill McNabb, CEO of Vanguard Group, gave a keynote speech at the 2016 Inside ETFs conference in Florida declaring the importance of advisers in delivering alpha to clients. But a bit more interesting to me was the incredible growth the firm is experiencing in its centralized advice offering.
Regards,
Ted
http://www.investmentnews.com/article/20160212/BLOG16/160219961/why-vanguard-is-about-to-engulf-the-financial-planning-industry

Comments

• Traditional banks and full service brokerages are already feeling it already. Maybe they can hanging to the older clients, I think the shift has already began. I have relatives who work on wealth management business and they are having hard time retaining clients, let alone growing new clients.
  • Centralized advice is ok, but it is often superficial. The fact that Vanguard might be getting some clients from the banks and full-service brokerages is not surprising, since those outlets are all about selling products (load funds and annuities). But the RIA community has been taking market share from the same group for years now.