Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Sign-In For Last Time !!!!

TedTed
edited March 2012 in Technical Questions
If I have to sign-in one more time, I won't be back.
Ted

Comments

• Hi Ted...
    I know how you feel, especially if people forget the passwords
    Did you try the 'keep me sign in' click mark? not the best options but certainly a viable one. What I do is use my 'junk email account' to get log in and use a password that only applicable to that junk email. This works for me
  • Are you using the "keep me signed in" option?
  • yes sir...this works for me at 50% of the time at home. at work the computer is too stupid and cannot remember the password...lol
  • I believe the "keep me signed in" option will not work if you set your browser to clear cookies regularly.
  • @Ted

Ted,
    That sounds frustrating. What browser are you using? I'll do some testing and see if I can figure out a way to keep you signed in.
    Thanks,
    chip
  • Dear Chip: I'm using Explorer 8.
    Ted
  • edited March 2012
    Ted,

INTERNET EXPLORER: Tools> Internet Options> Privacy> Advanced:
    here check 'Override automatic....'; 'Allow session cookies'; 'Allow 1st party cookies' & 'Block 3rd Party Cookies'.

see Ted's reply for how he solved it.
  • edited March 2012
  • Why do you say that. From other posts it looks like you have to login each time. It cerainly indicates a cookie problem. You should be able to select this site a safe site to accept cookies . When so, your login will expire once a month but apart from that I stay logged in about a month at a time.
  • Thanks Everyone: The problem is solved.
    Regards,
    Ted
  • edited March 2012
    Reply to @Ted:

If you say what you did, it may help other frustrated users in the future.

see Ted's reply for how he solved it.:)